Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ford's day

I remember the day very well, April 30, 2009.  It was a Thursday.  I woke up, went to school, my blood pressure went to the MAX (I'm guessing) when I had to deal with an unruly child, left school, bought wrapping paper for my niece's birthday gift, went out to eat with several folks, showered and went to bed.  Thirty minutes later I was up and Jefferson Hannaford "Ford" Lamar was ready to come.  Yeah, I thought labor was a quick process... funny!!!  It was about 17 hours later that I became a MOM!!!!   My life goals as a little girl were three things: 1.  Get married  2.  Become a teacher  3.  Be a mom.  Some people might think I didn't set my sights too high, but I have accomplished all that I truly wanted.  Now I get to sit back and enjoy my husband, memories of being a teacher (at the time since I'm not in the classroom), and my three miracles. 
 
Ford definitely is a unique child.  I had to think a minute as to how to describe him, and I think unique fits him pretty well.  He's very intellectual, and I attribute that to his father.  I tell him all the time how smart his daddy is.  He is tender hearted and caring.  I've never met a little person who cares so much for others and their feelings.  Ford loves to learn and becomes fixated on things.  When he was two it was tractors, at four it was space, and now we love sports, especially basketball.  When he is infatuated with things he gives it his all.  The child honestly thinks he can jump 48 inches and will play college ball one day!  Bless him.

Trey might argue with me, but I would say he is a momma's boy.  He still lets me hold, hug, and kiss him.  We snuggle at night, hold hands, and talk about the upcoming day.  He is interested in everyone's conversations and likes to add his two cents in there.
 
This is my baby boy on April 30, 2015... The night before his SIXTH birthday!!!
Height: 45 inches - 3 feet 9 inches - 44th percentile
Weight: 37-40 pounds (fluctuates)- 11th percentile
Shoe size: 11
Pants size: 4-5
Shirt size- 6
I kind of think birthdays are a big deal!!!!  I mean we celebrate HALF BIRTHDAYS at our house.  It's their day to feel special and it be all about them.  (Even though I have to tell Ford about once or twice a day that "It's Not All About You!!!)  This big guy woke up at 5:51.  I was in the kitchen and I could hear little feet running down the hall.  It's hard to sleep when it's Your Day!!!  We started off with two Paw Patrol Toys and a basketball goal outside!!!
At 9:45 Trey and I surprised Ford with snacks for his classroom.  It was my idea, but I decided we would invite Daddy too!!!!  Doritos, iced cookies, and juice boxes were the items on the menu, and they all seemed to enjoy it.
Mrs. Beverly giving Ford his crown.
Birthday spankings
One day I won't be cool to hang out with anymore.  His friends will be who he flocks to.  He won't let me hold, hug, and kiss him like he does now.  I don't like to think about that.  Until then we will hang out and he'll be my baby and we will act silly....
Happy Birthday to my first born and favorite six year old!!!!!  You bring an unimaginable amount of joy to our lives and we will forever love you!!!!
Then
Now
 

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...