Monday, April 30, 2012

My baby is THREE

Well, this time three years ago I had no idea what was in store for me.  It was a Thursday and I had been at school, done some shopping at Fred’s for wrapping paper, eaten supper at a catfish joint (I actually had steak), went home and hopped in bed.  I slept for a total of 30 minutes when I realized I already needed to go to the bathroom.  Before I made it down the hall I “thought” I had wet my pants.  At that point I got mad and said to myself that it was ridiculous for a 26 year old to do such.  It later occurred to me that it was “show time” and we needed to head to the hospital.  I woke Trey up and told him the news.   He showered, packed his bag, and filled the car up with gas all the while I am calmly shaving my legs in the shower.  I nearly gave him a heart attacked since I was so calm and taking my sweet precious time.  I am ALWAYS the one who is rushing, stressing, and freaking out while he is Mr. Calm.  I guess you never know how you will react until its game time.  Seventeen hours later we had this little guy weighing in at 7.6 pounds! 
 
I had to throw this in there.  This is what 17 hours of labor and a c-section will do to you.  Life wasn’t too pleasant at this point, but it was ALL worth it! 
 
I do believe in love at first sight…. How could you not if you’re a mom!!! 


The first year passed by quickly and he turned 1. 


Then he was two…

And tomorrow my little man will be THREE years old.  This is the last picture taken of Ford when he was two. 

Ford is such a sweet child and has forever changed our lives.  It’s hard to remember life without the little guy. 
He talks more than any other human being I know.  He has energy that can last for hours on end from the minute he wakes up until he crashes at night.  Ford is tender hearted and genuinely cares about other people’s feelings.  He cries if someone else is crying and will worry about them until they act happy again.  Ford is obsessed with tractors, 4-wheelers, trains, dirt, trailers, the colors green and blue, the farm, sweet tarts, cinnamon rolls, gum, riding his bike, yard tools, Delta, his paci, his blankie, and critters.  He can throw a fit at the drop of the hat or sit so sweetly in my lap and tell me he loves me.  He is a big momma’s boy and loves to cuddle and rock.  He also loves to help Daddy fix things, mow the grass, and clean the animals he kills.  Ford loves life more than anyone I have ever seen.  He doesn’t miss an opportunity to have a good time and has a contagious energy about him that draws other people to him. 
I am excited to see him continue to grow into a little boy and one day into a man.  We are proud of our baby and look forward to many more birthdays with Fordman! 

** Two posts in one day. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is absoabsolutely precious! Happy belated b-day!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...