Friday, May 7, 2010

Growing Up

My little man is growing up! Gran and I took him to the doctor yesterday for his 12 month check up and shots. I really wasn’t looking forward to the shots part and I knew Ford didn’t have a clue as to what was going on. They weighed and measured him and his stats are:

Weight: 21 pounds; 25% percentile
Height: 29.25 in.; 30% percentile
Head circumference: 47 cm; 75% percentile

I am pleased to say that he is full of brains! I am sure some of you are thinking that weight statistic can’t be right with all the big bathing suit belly shots you have seen, but he really is a little man!



They pricked his finger to check his iron level and you have NEVER seen a little finger prick bleed so much. The nurse was concerned with the amount of blood and said he could be running a fever. He was okay… just a good bleeder I guess. She put a band-aid on his finger which he did not appreciate. He worked for about 2 minutes before he got it off.

We waited for a good long while before the nurse finally came in with his shots. I made the executive decision that he would not get the M.M.R. shot just yet. I have lots of personal reasons to wait on it so we opted for the Varivax (chicken pox) vaccine and 2 other shots that he had already gotten; this was just the fourth round of those. Lets just the say the shots weren’t his favorite part of the day or mine. I had to hold him down while the nurse gave him the shots and it broke his little heart, as did mine. It upsets me as much as it does Ford. After a few kisses he was okay!!!
 

FORD FACTS:

• He wears a size 3 diapers
• He drinks whole milk now
• He says: momma, dada or da-die, Delta, and bye bye
• He sleeps from 7:00 P.M. until 6:30 A.M.
• He wears a size 12 months in clothes
• He eats oatmeal mixed with fruit for breakfast
• He eats a fruit and vegetable baby food for lunch
• And he eats big people food for supper
• He loves the remote control, telephone, and water hose
• He sits in a front facing car seat
• He recently learned to hold his own sippie cup
• He understands most commands I give him
• He loves to be outside
• He has gotten 5 hair cuts



1 comment:

Janice said...

Ford and RJ are almost the exact same size! He is sooo cute :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...