Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This is how the journey went...

Okay blogging friends, I am back for the second day in a row. This is a pretty big deal considering it takes a little while to write, sometimes I check it, arrange the pictures, and then preview my master piece!!! I would write about my nonsense everyday if I didn’t have a day job and I made money doing this, but until then ya’ll will just have to take it when you can get it.




I decided to take the journey back one year ago this week and relive my last week of pregnancy. I know this may interest some of you, but I am actually doing this so I can publish my blog from my pregnancy thru Ford’s first year into a book as a keep sake. I think it will be a nice diary, if you will, for him to look back on many years from now.



So the Tuesday before Ford was born I was at school teaching away when I looked down and my feet/ankles looked like this.

Wow… I know!! Normally you can see my ankle bones I promise, and my shoes don’t leave marks on my feet. Trey and I went to the doctor that day and I had gained an astonishing 32 pounds total. I must say that is quite an accomplishment. We left the doctor’s office and went to eat Mexican with Ken, Ashley, Molly Cate and Caroline. If anyone is pregnant… eating Mexican won’t make you go into labor. I tried it and it didn’t work. Save yourself the time. We celebrated Ashley’s and Caroline’s birthday while we ate!! Speaking of … Happy Birthday tomorrow you two!! Here are some pictures from the Mexican fiesta last year.
So that was Tuesday. Wednesday, I got up go to school and then Trey and I went to church to eat supper. I remember what I wore. It was this same shirt right here.

Obviously this picture wasn’t taken at Wednesday night church. It was actually about 8 weeks before I had Ford in a town called Sebastopol. I told you I had a weird way of remembering stuff.
 
Thursday I got up and went to school. They had the All A’s Honor Breakfast and my student that I talk about a lot, Lucy, made me proud and had the highest average in the third grade. I had recess duty that day and a young man made me mad outside and I still say he made my water break.…no, not at school, but later. I left school went to Fred’s to buy some wrapping paper and went home. That night Trey, his dad, another couple, and myself went to eat in Sardis (10 miles south) and I ate a huge steak, potato, hush puppies, and bread. I think that was the straw that broke the camels back. It’s not Mexican food people, its steak. We came home, I showered and got in bed before 10:00. About 10:30 Trey got in bed and in doing so he woke me up. I got up and started down the hall to the bathroom and by the time I got there I thought I was too late. I then told myself that I was 26 years old and too old to wet my pants. I sat there a second and decided my water had broken. I went to tell Trey who at first did not believe me. I talked to him about the signs we had learned in child birth class and before I could say much more he was out of that bed and running.




I always thought I would be the one in the panic and he would be calm. It was completely the other way around. I think he showered, packed, got gas, and was honking the horn in the car before I got my second leg shaved. Yes, I took ANOTHER shower. And I am glad I did…. will discuss that later. About 11:00 or so we got in the car and headed north. At this time no one knows that my water has broken. We decided we better call his mom, Puddin, since she is in Jackson during the week. Then we called my parents and his dad. I think his dad, Pops, was a little ticked we woke him up. My mom insisted on coming to the hospital and I told her that was ridiculous that we would call her later. By the time we were 30 miles north of Senatobia I had to go to the bathroom. I told Trey to pull off at Southaven and he said no. I mean the nerve. I told him I HAD to go to the bathroom and it was in his best interest to PULL OVER. I waddled into Steak and Shake at about 11:30 and then we were off.



By this point I am starting to feel pretty terrible. I am thinking I may just be dying and that the hospital can’t come soon enough. We pull up at Baptist Women’s Hospital about midnight and Trey, being the gentleman that he is, lets me out at the door. I walked to the sliding glass doors sort of bent over like someone kicked me in the stomach and the first door opened automatically. I walked inside. The second door wasn't opening. I was thinking of all bloody times for someone to lock the door this is NOT it people. Trey was still parking the car and I was in excruciating pain and was in no mood to read any signs. Finally I found a button to push and walked in. Some man standing by a fountain told me good luck. I was thinking man you have NO IDEA what I feel like right now… just don’t even talk to me. Trey and I rode in the elevator to the labor and delivery floor where they ask me to FILL OUT PAPERWORK. I think I wanted to growl at the woman, but I did as she told me because she held all the power behind that little window. She had to push yet another button in order to let me back into the exam room.



Once I get in there they asked Trey to leave and decided to question me. I was asked about 100 random questions all the while the contractions are coming and I am wanting to claw someone’s eyes out. I was positive I was about 5 centimeters by this point. But to my amazement I was only 2. A measly 2. I had been at 2 for almost 2 weeks. I passed the entrance exam and was wheeled to a real room where I IMMEDIATELY asked for the epidural.

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth said...

I read this blog entry when you first published it, but I'm reading it again for educational purposes...!
I would DIE if I had to go through the paperwork and questions during labor. Fortunately/unfortunately they did that when I had my first emergency visit in May. Now the hospital and I are old friends... but I digress. Ok, onto part two. I'm trying to psych myself up for the csection.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...