Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I want to help too



Ford and I bought some pumpkins last week and Trey decided that we should carve them tonight. I said it was too cold to do outside so we should stay in the kitchen. Trey set up his workplace on the floor and began cutting the top off. I was sitting across from him making sure he did not cut himself and that he was doing it correctly. My little man, who can now crawl, decided to join us. I thought he deserved a spoon as well. After Trey cut the top off he said I needed to dig the slime and seeds out of the middle. I had a plastic/rubber soup spoon which did not work too well so Trey got to use his hands. Ford mostly chewed on his spoon. No one ever told me that teething was such a difficult process. After the inside was clean I drew a face and then Trey cut it out. It’s kind of a goofy looking pumpkin, but we are not professionals. The idea was to have some good Lamar Family Fun!

I am not a creative or craftsy person, but I just know there has to be something you can do with baby food containers. Ford eats about 14 to 18 things of baby food a week. I am just throwing these things away that could be a treasure to someone else. This could possibly be the teacher coming out in me?????!!!!! Does anyone have an idea as to what one could use these for?


This is Tuesday so I must add my “Take 5 Tuesday” list. Remember these are 5 random facts about me.

1. I have NEVER been to Disney World.
2. The first time I flew in a plane was on my honeymoon.
3. I never had a dog growing up. Delta is my first dog. Trey and I got her the weekend of Hurricane Katrina.
4. I have a drawer full of “crazy socks” (meaning not white…decorative socks).
5. I have killed 3 deer in my professional hunting career!!! (HA HA!!)

I thought you might like to see my little guy after his bath. Sadly enough, we are still bathing him in the sink. His feet hang over the edge. It’s my fault… I just don’t want to bend over the bath tub. I personally like standing and using the squirter is so easy.

Okay… I have to add a recipe. It’s sinfully delicious and I think I could eat the entire thing. I got this recipe from a teacher and I don’t know what it’s called… it’s a chocolate layered dessert. Let’s just call it chocolate sin for the fun of it. I would attach a picture but there is only one piece left and I just can’t post that!

CHOCOLATE SIN

Crust: 1 stick butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flour
Mix with mixer and press to bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350.

First layer: 1 8 oz. cool whip
1 cup sugar. 1 8 oz. cream cheese. Beat with mixer until thoroughly blended (about 5 minutes). Spread over cooled crust.

Middle layer: 3 cups milk
2 large OR 3 small chocolate instant pudding mixes. Follow the directions on the box. Spread over cream cheese layer. *** You ONLY need 3 cups of milk.

Top Layer: 8 oz cool whip
Optional: add more pecans (I don’t)

Refrigerate. You can also freeze it. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh it’s so delicious!!!

7 comments:

Erin said...

See if your church needs those cups to use as paint trays. Just an idea. :)

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious!!

Margaret said...

Ford is so stinkin cute!

I've never been to Disney World either! I have friends that have been 10+ times, but I have yet to go.

The Nickels gang said...

Well, Jill, my parents traumatized me with DisneyLand as a kid. I got my head stuck in the rail waiting to ride Dumbo...how ironic, huh? Because my EARS wouldn't come back out of the bars, they had to cut the rail. I was done. I did NOT want to be there after that.

FORD IS PRECIOUS!

P.S. Tell Trey that I am glad I am not the only one who still wears that t-shirt!

Janice said...

I cannot believe he is already crawling! He isn't even 6 months old! You better start baby proofing. You will have him walking by 8 months probably :) You may could use those little containers to hold earrings when you travel. Or for snack boxes in his diaper bag.

Ashley said...

awe! I just love the first pumpkin!!:) As for the containers put nails, tacks or paper clips in them maybe?

Millie said...

I cannot believe Ford is crawling already! You are right, that dessert is so good and super easy!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...